Panasonic HC-MDH2 AVCHD Shoulder Mount Camcorder (PAL)
- The design of the image sensor increases sensitivity by using a thinner wiring layer, providing for larger photodiodes that can capture more light.
- The Crystal Engine Pro image processor processes the information from the image sensor to produce HD images. It also handles the image processing of the digital zoom, providing smooth images even when the zoom exceeds the optical capabilities of the lens.
- The camera features a built-in viewfinder and a 3.0" touchscreen LCD, allowing you to frame your shot, view your images, and control the camera's features.
- The 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S.+ stabilizes your image minimizing shake by compensating for vertical and horizontal shake, as well unwanted up/down tilt, and panning shake.
- The camera's Level Shot function automatically corrects and adjusts the level of the image.
- The camera features a 20x optical zoom, which is complimented by a 50x intelligent zoom, which uses algorithms to produce a digitally zoomed image with minimal artifacts.
- The camera's two media card slot accept available SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, and you can choose relay recording, which automatically switches recording from one card to the other when the first one becomes filled, or simultaneous recording, which provides you an instant back up.
- The IA (Intelligent Auto) mode can automatically select the appropriate camera settings based on the shooting conditions.
- The IA plus mode allows you to adjust exposure compensation and white balance via the touch panel LCD.
- The lens features a manual control ring, pressing the Camera Function button on the side of the lens allows you to select manual control over focus, zoom, iris, white balance, or shutter speed.
- The built-in USB2.0 port allows you to connect a portable hard drive, and copy footage from the camera to the hard drive without using a computer. This function requires the camera to be powered via the AC adapter.
- An illuminated ring around the lens glows blue to indicate standby mode, and red to indicate recording. The illuminated ring can be turned off, allowing you to record surreptitiously.